Where timeless classics are woven with modern details. Where business meets pleasure. Where even when you’re global, you can experience the local. Designed for the independent traveler seeking balance, there’s Four Points.
Balikpapan is a seaport city on the east coast of Borneo island, in the Indonesian province of East Kalimantan. The Four Points by Sheraton Balikpapan offers good proximity to corporate and transit demand, being located very close to the airport (less than 10 minutes’ drive) and 9 KM to the city center (20 minute’ drive).
The 138-key hotelis part of a mixed-use development with an All-Day Dining restaurant for Food & Beverage offerings, as well as7 meetings rooms with total event space of 336 sq metres.
Assists in the management of the daily functions of the department to provide protection of property assets, employees, guests and property.Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures.Assists in the training of staff in established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures.Promotes guest and employee satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 1 year experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
• Assists in conducting hazard and risk assessments at the property to include quarterly OSHA/SAFETY audits, incident tracking, and the hazard abatement process.
• Complies with applicable federal, state and local law and safety regulations.
• Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Supervises and reviews initial incident investigations and promote a timely responses for all reported incidents.
• Follows proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
• Assists with promotion and implementation of accident and fire prevention procedures.
• Incorporates into patrols, which encompass all areas of the property's interior and exterior, an inspection tour of recording system.
• Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
• Handles complaints, settles disputes, and resolves grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiates with others.
• Promotes action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Oversees all loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol process, emergency response, investigations (initial and follow up) for all guest and employee related incidents, shipping and receiving process (makes recommendations for improvement), electronic key system and manager on duties responsibilities.
• Assists with first aid program for guests and employees.
• Assists with the claims process and protects company assets by closely monitoring the General Liability and Worker's Compensation cases.
• Works closely with Meeting Planners to facilitate a successful and safe experience for guests.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews, selects and trains employees.
• Appraises employee’s productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
• Provides for the safety and security of the employees or the property.
• Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
• Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Meets quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
• Inspects and critiques the performance of the loss prevention department to establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Develops liaison with local law enforcement and emergency services.
• Informs and/or updates executives, peers and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
A reputed engineering construction company is looking to grow their team and has made available a Procurement Manager job (open to expats). You will be based in...
Published 21 days ago
5 -7 years’ experience industry experience Cisco Professional Level Certifications CCNP Voice & CCVP or CCNP Collaboration Experience with Cisco Unity...
Published 20 days ago
Where timeless classics are woven with modern details. Where business meets pleasure. Where even when you’re global, you can experience the local. Designed for...
From Hosco - West Java
Published 8 days ago
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more...
From Hosco - Riau Islands
Published 9 days ago