Description JOB SUMMARY: Increase the level of dealer usage of products and services of Caterpillar Financial Services (CFSC) and Caterpillar Insurance (CISC) by developing and implementing the marketing strategy for the region office through the work of the sales and marketing staff. Market and promote Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation (CFSC) and Caterpillar Insurance Services Corporation (CISC) financial products and services to Caterpillar dealers and customers in an assigned territory. Ensure staff is trained.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities may vary, but include one or more of the following:
- Directs a staff responsible for the marketing plan achievement for the Subsidiary.
- Develops the annual business plans.
- Allocates appropriate resources.
- Monitors and reports region office performance against plan.
- Identifies training and development needs of the staff and implements an annual training program.
- Provides professional representation in a given territory, which includes training for dealer management and support personnel concerning merchandising, and financing programs for private entities and governmental bodies.
- Counsels dealer personnel about tax law changes, finance concepts such as discounted cash flow, time value concepts, computation of interest, and financial accounting concepts (expense allocation, depreciation write-offs and balance sheet financing) etc. which are needed by dealer personnel to promote the sale of Caterpillar equipment with financing from Caterpillar Financial Services.
- Initiates and develops good customer relations through explaining initial transaction quotations to customers, collecting customer credit information, answering technical questions, evaluating and attempting to meet competitive offerings, and obtaining final customer acceptance of transactions.
- May have credit approval authority.
- Verifies customer signatures on documentation, collects initial payment, and secures necessary insurance information for contract completion.
- Administers existing financial contracts including conducting field audits of financed equipment to verify location and ensure proper use.
- Answers customer questions pertaining to property taxes and billings.
- Assists in the collection of past due amounts, oversees repossession of equipment as needed.
- Negotiates the restructuring of transactions to meet customer needs while meeting the expectations of Company management.
- Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of Company financing programs in a given territory.
- Evaluates current market trends and supplies new forecast information to management for inclusion in the Company business plan.
- Monitors economic activity in a territory, and reports equipment market trends and competitive financial offerings to management.
- Continuously evaluates growth areas and potential new markets for possible financing opportunities.
- Assists CISC in developing a positive working relationship with Caterpillar dealers.
- Assists the CISC staff in promoting insurance services to Caterpillar dealers.
- Provides the dealer with all promotional material on the various insurance products, some of which are passed on to the end-user.
- May explain the insurance products in detail and follows up with the dealers on questions or problems.
- Shows the dealer how financing and insurance can be sold as a complete package to meet customer needs.
- Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
- Understands the Equal Opportunity and Harassment policies of the company, applies them in all aspects of management and maintains an environment, which is consistent with these policies.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Advanced knowledge of Caterpillar products, their applications, and their markets.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing and marketing techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of financing and leasing products, policies and procedures of the subsidiary.
- Thorough knowledge of credit and documentation procedures, processes and operations.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply math computation skills including those used in financial modeling and forecasting.
- Thorough knowledge of CFSC credit policies and procedures and pricing models to negotiate acceptable pricing and terms on transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze the financial status of customers.
- Demonstrated ability to define finance/lease markets and make recommendations.
- Knowledge of Caterpillar dealer organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to read and analyze various business reports.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial law.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lease accounting practices.
- Knowledge of Caterpillar dealer organization and the industries served by Caterpillar dealers.
- Knowledge of how the economy impacts business.
- Knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation with fellow employees in order to accomplish given tasks.
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend languages other than one’s native language may be essential.
- Demonstrated ability to apply managerial and leadership skills to develop and motivate personnel.
- Ability to drive a car or adequately arrange for transportation to and from dealerships, customer sites, etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year university degree or equivalent diploma and a minimum of 6 years exempt experience in the finance business with a thorough knowledge of commercial lending, marketing, credit and customer services at the retail and/or wholesale financing levels is recommended. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
Billings & Administration Executive Integrated Facilities Management — Corporate Solutions (Jakarta/Indonesia) What this job involves: Being on top of...
Published 24 days ago
Deskripsi Lowongan PT. Hegar Abadi Jaya , perusahaan yang bergerak dibidang pengembangan Sumber Daya Manusia yang memiliki beberapa cabang Kantor Pemasaran...
From Pt. Hegar Abadi Jaya - Special Region of Yogyakarta
Published 23 days ago
Usia maksimal 35 tahun Pendidikan min. S1 Akuntansi atau jurusan lain yang relevan Memiliki pengalaman kerja di bidang akuntansi dan perpajakan minimal...
Published a month ago
Deskripsi Lowongan Pt. Putera Kharisma Perkasa adalah Perusahaan Supplier Ayam Potong Yang Beralamat Di Jalan Imogiri Barat Km.8 Membutuhkan : – Marketing...
From Pt. Putera Kharisma Perkasa - Special Region of Yogyakarta
Published 19 days ago