Company Description Traveloka is a Southeast Asian unicorn focused on travel and mobility. Currently valued at over $2B USD after 5 years, we're rapidly expanding in the region and globally. The Data Team at Traveloka has experienced enormous growth over the past year and requires a Technical Writer and Documenentalist to help us clearly communicate and organize the technical information and data that drives our impact in the company and to customers.
You will be responsible for designing, building, improving, and operating our Travel Products and systems. You will also be the steward for good engineering quality and practices in the organization and your product domains.
You will drive high standard of code reviews, design reviews, and architecture discussions to ensure the delivery of highly performant, reliable, scalable, and available distributed systems serving millions of customers globally. You will set the vision of the domain architecture and technology stack for technology in your organization, driving implementation of medium and long term tech investment.
While you will actively participate in development along with team members, you are also a tech evangelist, a role model of our engineering culture by mentoring more junior engineers to instill engineering best practices and good habits.
You will have a lot of opportunities to experiment with new and relevant technologies and tools, driving adoption while measuring yourself on the impact you are able to create.
You will work in cross-functional teams and meet great people regularly from top tier technology, consulting, product, or academic background. We work in open environment where there are no boundaries or power distance. Everyone is encouraged to speak their mind, propose ideas, influence others, and continuously grow themselves. Get the exposure to multi-aspect, collaborative, intensive startup experience with our recent expansion into Southeast Asia and exploration of new products.
- Passion in software engineering, product, organization, and people development
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in leading engineering team (or teams) with 20 or more members
- Experience with design, development and operations of highly available (24/7) and large scale distributed systems with 10 millions or more users
- Excellent understanding of software engineering concepts, algorithms and design patterns
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills to manage both technical and non-technical peers and stakeholders
- Excellent leadership and independence to work in dynamic and agile startup environment with high ambiguity
- Excellent organizational ability in coaching, engaging people and managing performance
- Expertise in Java tech stack and AWS services is an advantage
- Experience in B2C Internet products like online travel, commerce or payment is an advantage
Traveloka Transportation includes Flight and Ground Transportation like Train, Bus, Shuttle and Car Rentals line of products. As our core products, they spearhead our business growth through the speed of innovation and stability at scale.
As a key member of this engineering organization, you are expected to balance both tech strategic and operational roles to ensure our smooth day-to-day operations and also drive our roadmap to bring our tech and products to the next level.