Description As a Procurement Manager at Caterpillar, you will have the opportunity to translate strategy into tactical activities such as chartering projects and defining deliverables. You will hold the responsibility and accountability for the development, communication, implementation and execution of strategies to support a defined accountability.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Execute a regional category strategy that is align with the global category plan. Work with the regional supply base to identify performance gaps based on specific metrics/targets established from the Product and Facility supply organization based on collaboration with the Category to develop improvement plans.
In addition, you will be the recognized experts for your assigned Category or Categories in region, and the leader of the execution of global Category strategies within region while driving performance excellence in Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, and Management (QCLDM) in region.All activities must be aligned to the global category strategies.
- People– This person will manage a high performing team of purchasing professionals who will develop and ensure the supplier base is capable of meeting the specific products’ Quality, Cost, Logistics, Delivery, Management (QCLDM) requirements.Reporting directly to this position are several of the following; Procurement Supervisors, Buyers, Supplier Development Engineers, and/or Supply Network Analyst.
- Leadership – Develop, mentor, and train personnel capable of delivering the regional supplier strategy for the assigned category that is aligned with the overall global supplier strategy. Adhere to the approved Performance Management Plan.Maintain the highest ethical and professional standards within this diverse global organization and recognize employee excellence.
- Strategy– Through a strong knowledge of the product, NPI, and Category Strategies you will sponsor, support and participate in both the category and divisional initiatives. Use QCLDM to manage regional suppliers and subcontractors in agreement with Global Category organization. Lead teams to fully understand the requirements and performance of the supply base.
- Previous procurement experience required
- Bachelor’s degree – or equivalent experience required
- A minimum of six to eight of progressively responsible job-related experience
- Able to acquire an understanding of governmental, environmental, political, and geographic factors that influence a supply base.
- Proficiency in English is required;
- Previous 6 Sigma Greenbelt/Black Belt experience preferred
- Incumbent must have well-developed communication and negotiation skills
- Product Supply Purchasing experience preferred
- Facility with lean manufacturing, an understanding of lean principles is preferred
- Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management preferred, e.g.; Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and Certified in Integration Resource Management (CIRM), or comparable international certification is preferred.
- Affiliation with Institute for Supply Management (ISM) and American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS), or comparable professional purchasing organization, preferred.
A leading material building company is looking for Supply Chain Manager in Jakarta. In this job, you will manage the end-to-end supply chain. About the Supply...
Published 24 days ago
An exciting Senior Legal Associate job has become available in Jakarta at one of the fastest growing technology-based start ups. About the Senior Legal...
Published a month ago
- Mampu melakukan analisa terhadap permasalahan proyek agar dapat menghasilkan solusi desain produk/project yang berkualitas - Mampu membuat Requirement...
From Pt. Electronic Data Interchange Indonesia (Member Of Pelindo - Jakarta
Published 21 days ago
Job Description: PT Johnson & Johnson Indonesia is recruiting for a Senior Shopper Activation Manager located in Jakarta, Indonesia. Our Senior Shopper...
From Johnson & Johnson - Jakarta
Published 21 hours ago