Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly.As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details.With your skills and imagination, together we willinnovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Responsible for bar/lounge daily shift operations and supervision of staff.Position assists with promoting the lounge, menu planning, maintains standards, assists servers on the floor during peak periods and manages property liquor inventories and controls.Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.Accountable for enforcing all legal obligations professionally and consistently.Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implements plan.Strengthens the food and beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Bar/Lounge Operations
• Implements agreed upon beverage policy and procedures throughout the property.
• Manages in compliance with all local, state and Federal beverage and liquor laws.
• Understands beverage control including days on hand, perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, costs controls, beverage potentials, mix of sales analysis for beverage, issue & returns, food standards, and period end inventory.
• Monitors adherence to all liquor control policies and procedures.
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings as needed to understand group needs
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Participates in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Ensures compliance with all Bar/Lounge policies, standards and procedures.
• Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
• Manages inventories according to budget and business levels.
• Assists with developing menus and promotions as necessary.
Leading Bar/Lounge Team
• Trains staff on liquor control policies and procedures.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Communicates critical information to the Bar/Lounge staff regarding each event.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds effectively to guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Provides feedback to individuals in an effort to improve service performance.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Managing Human Resource Activities
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.