Company Description Traveloka exists to enrich lives by empowering people to discover the world around them. We believe that lives are enriched through experiences that broaden horizons for self-discovery.
As South East Asia’s leading online travel company and discovery platform, we continuouslyprovide a wide range of travel and lifestyle experience offerings. Our mobile app has been downloaded more than 40 million times, making this unicorn the most popular travel booking technology company in the region.
We're always looking for passionate people to join our mission: to make it easier for people to discover the world around them so they can have more experiences to enrich their lives.
The Head of Product Design drives projects for designing engaging user experiences. You’ll spearhead research to uncover new user experience solutions and is accountable for all user experience design decisions in the organisation. Your overall aim is to enhance customer loyalty for the organisation, and develops strategies to mitigate risks associated with the implementation of new user experience solutions.
The Head of Product Design possesses exceptional leadership and communication skills and sets goals and direction for staff under your charge by implementing design thinking in the organisation. You are able to inspire and engage internal stakeholders to envision the optimal user experience and attain their buy-in for your proposed solutions. You’ll establish strategic partnerships to meet the needs of the organisation, and as a seasoned practitioner, You’ll provide technical leadership to enhance the functional competence of his/her team members.
Reporting to the VP of Design and Chief Design Officer, You’ll uncover opportunities for improving workforce productivity and efficiency and can analyse the needs of users logically and recommend suitable improvements to current methods and processes. In addition, You’re up-to-date with the latest developments in the design and technology sectors, and is highly proficient in negotiation and problem-solving for the future.
Deep understanding of business and user needs and deepen relationships with stakeholders
- Align stakeholders’ user experience expectations with organisation’s user experience strategies
- Direct the development and execution of design and research projects for new and/or innovative design ideas and user experience solutions
- Working with the design teams to communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to relevant internal stakeholders and attain their buy-in
- Partner with relevant stakeholders across Business Units and Functions for analysing potential business opportunities and align new design concepts to strategic goals through consultation with senior management
- Provide subject matter expertise in the development of long-term plans involving strategic development for the design teams
Formulate user experience strategies to support strategic growth
- Oversee the design of user journeys for the organisation by creating narratives for presenting new business models to senior management
- Evaluate the effectiveness of design blueprints and frameworks in meeting the needs of users
- Design strategic roadmaps for innovation and commercial activities and evaluate the overall effectiveness and viability of the design output
- Preside over strategic design and user experience decisions related to core and new functions and features of products and services
- Address concerns raised regarding user interface performance and oversee the implementation of improvements to functionalities, design, and navigation for application sites
- Drive strategies for enhancing customer satisfaction and loyalty and develop solutions for resolving the organisation’s growth challenges
- Provide guidance on issues related to product design, development, and deployment, for product portfolios
- Establish clear Product and/or Platform Design vision to the designers and stakeholders, especially to influence the upper management to align the product strategy with design outputs and overall business outcomes
Influence organisational development
- Provide design performance and performance review feedback to the design teams, especially to direct reports
- Develop design teams’ capability development and coaching through on-the-job training to Design Managers, Senior Design Leads, and/or Design Leads
- Be willing to take the blame for the whole team’s mistakes and conduct objective debrief to learn from the mistakes to reduce/anticipate for future risks
- Celebrate team recognition instead of individual, be willing to defend for the Design team to non-Design stakeholders
- Ability to trust other people’s talents and to delegate authority, show the willingness to work comfortably with others, not just alone
- Oversee the designer's learning & development programmes and provide suggestions to the Design Academy team for training topics based on emerging needs from the design team
- Facilitate headcount planning and hiring decisions for the Design function alongside with VP of Design
- Address complaints and key concerns impacting the design teams’ morale and performance
- Ensure clear, aligned, and updated communication among the design team members under management with the other Business Unit or Function's design teams and stakeholders
- Work closely with the Design Manager, VP of Design, Chief Design Officer and the other upper management team members to foster alignment on business goals, project priorities, and Design team's structure with company-wide organisational structure
- Minimum 15 years of total work experience, with at least 10 years of project management and 6 years of Design team management, or in a leadership position with a history of strong project management skills, well-versed in data-informed product design and development.
- Minimum of 6 years as a hands-on Designer (education background could range from Visual Communication Design, UI/Interaction Design, Product Design, or any other relevant Digital Design disciplines).
- A track record of hiring, managing, and mentoring high-performing interdisciplinary design teams.
- Deep understanding of the eCommerce and/or digital travel and lifestyle industries, extra points for having successfully deliver products in/for the SE Asia and/or regional markets.
- The ability to form consensus across a broad, fast-moving organization through excellent communication and interpersonal skills (including: negotiation, constructive feedback, presentation, managing expectations).
- Portfolio that showcases design craft with deep understanding of the Human Centered Design methodology (along with its methods and tools), willingness to learn and iterate, and passionate about design and storytelling.
- A deep sense of accountability, adaptability, and embracing ambiguity working in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English communications (both verbal and written).
- Familiarity in using Design System and any other digital design, prototyping, and/or projectmanagement tools.
- Deep understanding of the eCommerce and/or digital travel and lifestyle industries, extra points forhaving successfully deliver products in/for the SE Asia and/or regional markets.
To apply, please provide:
- Your CV/resume
- A cover letter on why you think you are a good fit for this role
- A portfolio that showcases a list of work that spans across your career (especially the most recent case studies, bonus if there are some digital UX work), outlining the problem you are trying to solve, how did you find your inspiration and how you resolved it, what was your role, and the impact of the project.
- In a few sentences, let us know which design project you are most proud of in your career and why is it so or what makes it so?
Traveloka Design team is tasked with the role of humanising technology – the one who has the most relevant expertise in understanding human values and life experiences – using systematic approaches such as the Human Centred Design methodology in delighting users and customers through Traveloka product offerings.
Comprises of people from the Design, Architecture, Social Sciences, and Computer Science background, we value collaboration and empathy when it comes to producing innovative solutions.
Read about our design journey here: https://medium.com/traveloka-design
- Develop innovative design multimedia solutions within the constraints of cost and time - Illustrate and explain concepts by designing rough layout of art and...
From Rubicube Creative - Jakarta
Published 15 days ago
Company Description Traveloka exists to enrich lives by empowering people to discover the world around them. We believe that lives are enriched through...
From Traveloka - Jakarta
Published 15 days ago
As User Interface Designer, your job will help us craft and visualize user-experience journey into an intuitive interaction. Transform a complex task into...
From Pt Sehatq Harsana Emedika - Aceh
Published 4 days ago
As a UI/UX Designer, you’ll work with a cross-functional, highly capable team of designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers, inventing and...
From Webuy - Aceh
Published 4 days ago