Compliance Advisor About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Ensure that Retail Banking Business establish and monitor appropriate arrangements for meeting local regulatory obligations and high standards of conduct in their business, also in accordance with Group compliance standards, in the area of asset products
- Ensure that Retail Banking Business establish and monitor appropriate arrangements for meeting local regulatory obligations and high standards of conduct in their business, also in accordance with Group compliance standards
- Assist Head of Retail Banking Compliance in promoting the implementation of policies on compliance issues which are material to the Group and local regulatory bodies
- Provide timely local regulatory advise and recommendations to Retail Banking Business and proactively monitor business specific regulatory developments
- Ensure local compliance policy manuals and schedules of all banking and financial service regulations are established and reviewed
- Assist Head of Retail Banking Compliance in ensuring that Group is notified or material regulatory issues arising locally in accordance with Group policies
- Ensure that products and services comply with local regulation through the Product Program process
- Work collaboratively with Retail Banking Business to ensure that appropriate control standards and assurance procedures are developed and followed
Audit / Inspection (Regulatory and Internal)
- Assist Head of Retail Banking Compliance to ensure Retail Banking Business is properly prepared for regulatory audit and coordinate with the Management on the management actions during and after the audit
- Support related Business Unit being audited/inspected by Regulator to ensure that the audit runs smoothly with good result
- Interface with the auditor/inspector during the audit fieldwork
- Review the supporting document to close the audit/inspection is adequate and the corrective action is completed timely
- GIA Audit
- Participate in GIA audit in the capacity of Compliance function for any clarification required
- Assist Retail Banking to prepare and to respond for regulatory related matter
- Attend the socialization held by regulator on new/revised regulation impacting to Retail Banking Business and share the key points to the team and relevant business
- Disseminate the new/revised regulation to impacted business unit by providing brief summary of regulation content
- Initiate and lead the discussion with impacted Retail Banking Business Units regarding the new/revised regulations
- Ensure any changes of process required by Retail Banking Business to comply with the new/revised regulatory requirements are made accordingly
- Maintain and keep up to date the Business Obligation Register.
Compliance Role in CST
- Initiate the discussion with respective business and Operational Risk team by first disseminating the controls and self assessments related to the country specific local regulatory requirements and then determining if such control already exists addressing the regulatory requirement. If necessary, implement the new control required to address the regulatory requirement
- Assess the risk rating of all new/revised regulations as noted for CST
- Develop CST if required to track control effectiveness
- Communicate any changes in CST due to new/revised regulation to Senior Operational Risk Officer in a timely manner
- Ensure that the controls and the monitoring actions specified by Unit Operational Risk Manager are adequate while signing off a CST
- Deliver training with the program that educates and encourages business managers and staff to operate in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies, ie. such training would include key group and business-specific compliance and regulatory issues
- Prepare and coordinate the establishment of Country Guideline to ensure local compliance policies, manuals and schedules of all banking and financial service regulations are included
- Handle regular compliance report for both Retail Banking Business update and Country Compliance
Regulatory Relationship Management
- Handle enquiries as requested by the regulators (lower layer officers) from time to time
- Coordinate and review the surveys required by regulators by working closely with respective business units
- Handle regulator correspondence related to Retail Banking Business to ensure that all information and explanation required by regulators are met
Team Leadership and Stakeholder Management
- Ensure as a team member to work effectively and proactively with other compliance and business teams to advise and assist in the management of in-country and business-wide regulatory and product risks
Our Ideal Candidate
- Thorough knowledge of banking and other laws and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of banking products, especially Retail Banking products
- Strong analytical and innovative management skills
- Good judgement enabling the provision of sound advise in difficult areas of regulation
- An inquisitive approach to practices, procedures and specific transactions
- Courageous, independence and robustness
- Personal authority, integrity and ethics
- Qualified compliance specialist with minimum 5 years experience
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .
DESKRIPSI PEKERJAAN Responsibilities : Promoting the company?s product and introducing to the market Researching and developing marketing opportunities and...
From Pt Sumber Sentosa Makmur Polimer - Central Java
Published 25 days ago
DESKRIPSI PEKERJAAN Membantu kelancaran pelaksanaan tugas pimpinan dalam melaksanakan ?kegiatan operasional perusahaan, yaitu: Melaksanakan administratif ,surat...
From Pt Warna Warni Media - East Java
Published 25 days ago
? Positive working environment with the highest integrity. ? Performance based system with long term career enhancement. ? The right place to learn and develop...
From Pt Metta Sinar Sejahtera - Jakarta
Published 25 days ago
DESKRIPSI PEKERJAAN Bertanggung jawab membina relasi dan menawarkan produk yang sesuai dengan kebutuhan pelanggan (distributor dan retail) ? Deskripsi...
From Polytron - Lampung
Published 25 days ago