Associate Director, Debt Capital Markets About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Coordination of customer relationships and build effective long term relationship with major onshore clients
- Support the identification of customer and origination opportunities for Debt Capital Markets transactions and to drive the business within the bank's directed strategy and to continue to drive the business forward striving for sustainable competitive advantage and profitability
- To support establishment of SCB as a name player in global debt markets
- Identification of in-country competitive threats and market opportunities, to feed into product strategy
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- To effectively manage all origination aspects and customer relationship of Debt Capital Markets business in country.
- To work effectively with other departments (Financial Markets, Global Banking, Commercial Banking and other relevant departments) in Indonesia and other countries.
- To support and participate in pipeline meeting and other internal meeting and reporting.
- Origination of Debt Capital Markets business for Indonesia customers
- Ensure that risk assurance process are in place across DCM business to provide evidence of pro-active risk management of the Risk Type and compliance with policy
- Ensure that any risk issue is raised to the relevant committee or forum
- Ensure that all compliance and local regulatory requirements are met as relates DCM.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas;
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Anti Money Laundering Prevention:
- Ensure the development, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of procedures and controls are in compliance with the requirements of Group Policy and Standards, local laws and regulations.
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- To fully comply with group Policy and Standard on Money Laundering Prevention or local regulatory requirements for the prevention of Money Laundering.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Indonesia Debt Capital Markets team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Health and Safety
- Responsible for the health and safety aspects within area of control.
- Take reasonable care for health and safety of self, co-worker and those who may be affected by your action or your omissions.
- Cooperate with management to support and promote health and safety in the workplace.
- Ensure your action do not put others at risk.
- Work in a healthy and safe manner.
- Encourage others to work in a healthy and safe manner.
- Report all accidents and incidents.
- Head of DCM, Indonesia
- Head of Financial Markets, Indonesia
- FM Desk Heads and Dealers operating within country
- Head of CIB in country and within SCB network
- Head of CB in country and within SCB network
- FM, CM and DCM team in other countries
- Key support functions (Middle office, Operations, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Finance, Legal & Compliance etc)
- Key personnel of Corporates and Institutional Clients, Quasi Government Bodies, Regulators, Rating Agencies, competitor banks, legal counsels, financial and tax advisors and other supporting parties.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Certification: LSPP Risk Management Level 3
- Bank Training: Mandatory Group e-learning and FM e-learning modules
- Language: English and Bahasa Indonesia Business Language
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .